Wowsa, it’s been another helluva a year, hasn’t it?
We all know why and how it’s been tough, so we think it’s time we focused on how we can relax and enjoy this very special time of year with our loved ones, and make the most of every precious moment.
As parents, we are always trying to make sure our families are well and happy. We work hard to get things done for them, and are always thinking of their wellbeing and wairua.
But the best way to look after them, is to look after you!
The mums at QueenBee Pure have shared our top 5 tips on feeling good and healthy over this crazy time of year:
- Take time out just for you, every day: It’s always hard to get a minute to yourself when you’re a parent with little ones, let alone when there’s extra demands on your time during the Christmas period. However it’s crucial you get as much time as you can manage every day to centre and recharge your battery. Make your personal time-out a priority by planning ahead: if possible ask your partner, a family member or friend to watch your little one, or make the most of baby’s nap time (instead of catching up on housework!). What you do is up to you, whether it be exercise, meditation, napping or catching up with a friend. Whatever it is, put your phone down and enjoy every moment of ‘me time’. With a full battery, you’re going to be able to cope so much better with looking after everyone else.
- Eat well: With all the scrumptious food around, it’s super-easy to snack on these yummy foods that we love all day. And even though we’re right there with you (someone please hide the chocolate and cheese from us!), remember how energetic you feel when you get all your fruit and veges and water in for the day, as well as the treats!
- Boundaries: With so many demands on your time, put a ring around what you are and aren’t prepared to do. Instead of saying ‘no’ to people if you’re overbooked or overloaded, give yourself some breathing room by saying how much you’d love to catch up and you’ll be in touch with them when you’ve managed to check your schedule. Then you can plan a visit at a time when you’re relaxed and not stressed and you’ll enjoy it so much more than trying to keep everyone happy by squeezing too much in.
- Quality time with your little one: Sometimes we’re so busy looking after our bubbas that we forget to play with them! There’s nothing sweeter than lying on the floor with your baby during tummy time, or cuddling and singing to them in bed, or sitting with them outside, looking at the sky and taking in every moment. They’re only little for such a short time, so make time for those moments when bubba is happy and content, usually after sleeping, changing and feeding.
- Ask for help: Hey, did you know that you don’t have to be Super Woman or Super Dad? It’s not compulsory to get everything ticked off your ‘to-do’ list every day, and you certainly don’t have to be perfect! Asking for help is a healthy behaviour that can help you take a load off and enjoy your day and whanau more.
Most of all, enjoy!
From all the team at QueenBee Pure team, we wish you the happiest and healthiest of Christmases and a wonderful 2022.